Saturday, June 7, 2014

Grandma's Birthday Fun

I'm currently in Missouri visiting my family for a few weeks. What a fun treat that I was able to celebrate my Grandma Lois' birthday with her in person. My mom and I sneakily made a birthday banner to hang above the fireplace.


I used some brown paper bags, some of my dad's packing material, a wall paper sample, and various ribbons to create some birthday fun.


I also found some paper stars that I had made for my mom a while ago so I hung those in the kitchen.


No birthday would be complete without the wooden birthday cake. My great-grandma gave it to me when I turned two and my mom has put it out for every birthday since then. It wouldn't be a birthday without it.


It's a tradition in my family to kick off a birthday with birthday breakfast.  I made Cream of Wheat and cinnamon sugar toast. My grandma was doubly impressed because she knows I rarely do any cooking. (I know it's a stretch to call Cream of Wheat and toast cooking, but you get the idea.)


It was so fun to have a birthday breakfast with my family. Happy Birthday Grandma. I love you lots!


No comments:

Post a Comment