Saturday, May 3, 2014

Scrappy Table Topper

I made this little project just for fun.  A few people have said to me, "How do you have time to sew with a baby?"  The answer is, "I don't really."  I think about sewing all day long, and I constantly wish I was downstairs in my craft room but there are many, many days when it just doesn't happen.  However, my husband has been taking the baby with him every time he goes to the store and I have a little free time.  Glorious free time!  I literally ignore everything else in the house and run downstairs to sew.   I really do feel like it's a mental health break and I always feel refreshed after I've had a little time to sew and be creative.
This project was really fun because I just used scraps from my overflowing scrap bin.  The original pink piece that you see on the back was some fabric that my friend Katie had been using to practice free motion quilting.  I literally just sewed pieces of fabric on to her quilted piece.  It was so fun.  I like that my scrappy little table topper has a little Katie love tucked inside of it. 
And it is just plain cheery and makes me happy.


P.S. Mr. Paws is a photo bomber.  And he loves quilts as much as I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment