Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shop Hop!

Friday and Saturday, the store where I work (The Sewing Circle) participated in the Springtime in the Rockies Quilt Show.  It was held at the fairgrounds and it was lots o' fun.  Most of the quilting and sewing stores in Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming had a booth and two days were spent with lots of happy quilters hopping from shop to shop. 

Here was our booth: 

Melissa and Sally and I manned the fort and had fun mingling with all the customers.

Melissa spent the days demo-ing like crazy.  She had the crowds enthralled with her tricks of the trade.

One of the funnest parts of the show for me was seeing some of the quilts I'd made hanging in the booth.  This one was made from a pack of Tonga Treats. 


I made this one from a moda jelly roll.  I love all the little tickets. 

I made this one specifically for the show. 

I love it!

Here is a close up of the pattern. 

All the center blocks are made first.  Two colored blocks are sewed to the white blocks, and then you cut off the corners.  The trimmed corners are then used to make the borders.  I love patterns without any waste :-) 
Katie did a great job making the fall version of the quilt.  It's so interesting to see how a change in fabric changes the flavor of the quilt, even with the same pattern.
 Here was my other favorite booth.  I loved visiting with those gals.

So, a fun time was had by all at the shop hop, especially by me.  I hope you are feeling inspired.  Oh yes, and I saw these guys as I was leaving the building.  Aren't they cool?

Happy hopping.


2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!! I would have stopped by if my week wouldn't have been crazy. And it probably wouldn't have been good because I would have wanted to kidnap you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!!! Your quilts are amazing. You've got me inspired to start working on mine and starting some others too! How fun. I wish I could have gone.

    ReplyDelete